Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Coat Hanger Upcycle- $2!

This apartment came with so many freebies, I can't seem to keep track. The unlevel flooring, the broken window screens, the paint caked and broken outlets, and two of these beauties: 
Come to think of it, every house we have lived in has offered us a lovely coat hanger like this. The brass and builder grade oak just screams cheap! Well the day we moved in, I ripped them off the walls. Then... realized we need a coat hanger! I had planned on making a coat hanger, but hooks are expensive! So I will make do with what I have! 

Thanks to my lovely mom I was able to complete this project for $2! She found some mint colored spray paint on clearance becuase the top was cracked. 



Spray paint really can save the day. I put three coats on the entire thing, including the brass hooks. I'll let you know how it holds up after the holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment